Second time setting method for SNR019J1 and SNR021J1 of Seiko Spring Drive movement models 5R66, 5R67.
How to set the 24-hour hand as a dual time indicator for ‘different time zones’ (when mode 2 is selected)
1. Pull the crown out to the second compartment
With the crown pulled out at the 12 o’clock position, the second hand stops at that position. When setting the time, make sure the watch is running and the mainspring is fully wound.
2. Turn the crown counterclockwise to set the 24-hour hand and minute hand to the time in the predetermined ‘different time zone area’.
Only the 24-hour hand and the minute hand are set at this stage. The hour hand can be set later. Therefore, it is not necessary to adjust the hour hand even if the hour hand indicates the wrong time. The date changes depending on where the hour hand is located. Don’t worry though, you can adjust it later. Set the minute hand to a time later than the appointment time, and then slowly move it forward to the appointment time.
3. Push the crown back to the original position with the time signal.
This concludes the setting of the 24-hour hand and the minute and second hands to the ‘Different time zone area’ time.
4. Pull the crown out to the first compartment.
5. Turn the crown to set the hour hand to the current hour. (In this example, the clock is London time.)
In addition, the date needs to be adjusted at this time. The date is converted at midnight. When setting the hour hand, make sure that the AM / DOWN, etc. are set correctly. Turn the crown slowly and check that the hour hand moves in 1-hour increments. When the hour hand is adjusted, other hands will move slightly. This is not a malfunction.
6. After setting the time, push the crown back to its original position.
How to set the time more accurately
1. Before setting the time, turn the mainspring until the energy storage indicator shows a full string state.
2. If the watch is activated again after the watch stops moving, make it full, first wait for about 30 seconds after the second hand starts moving, and then pull the crown out to the second compartment.
3. With the crown in the second position, do not stop the second hand for 30 seconds. If the second hand stops running for more than 30 minutes, push the crown back to restart the second hand, wait for about 30 seconds, and then execute the set time again.
If the crown is in the second position and the time and second hand stop for more than 30 seconds, push the crown back to its original position. Move the second hand for 30 seconds or more, and then start setting the time again.